September is here and so is Pumpkin Spice! I made these Pumpkin Donuts this week, to bring to work and they barely made it out of the house! I was surprised at how quick and easy these were to make, too! Scroll down for these, yummy and easy to make pumpkin donut holes!
If you love pumpkin and the Munchkins from Dunkin, you are going to love these. The best part about this recipe is there is no mess from frying the donut holes! You bake them and they are just as delicious! My co-workers ate them so fast and my mom ate half of them before I even left for work!
Pumpkin Donut Holes
- Cupcake Paper/Baking Cup/Cup Liners
- Cupcake pan
- 1 3/4 Cups all purprose flour I prefer unbleached
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree Not pie filing
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Light
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Nutmeg & Pumpkin Pie Spice in a medium mixing bowl
- In stand mixer, mix pumpkin puree and brown sugar
- Add vegetable oil & vanilla extract, then add egg & milk, mixing until smooth
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix until well combined but do not overmix the batter
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the batter into cupcake wrappers, keep the batter about 1 inch round (You could also use a mini muffin tin, filling it 2-3/4 full)
- bake for 10 – 12 minutes
- Remove the dontus, from the over. Let them cool slightly
- Drop donuts into melted butter and then coat in cinnamon sugar
- Place donuts back into wrappers, or serve on a platter
A few notes for the recipe. I used a mixing stand for the wet ingredients. You can use two bowls and a spatula or hand mixer. If you prefer a stronger pumpkin flavor, I would add a tad more pumpkin puree and/or be light handed on the cinnamon sugar coating.
I hope this recipe turns out delicious! Tag me on IG in your photos! I would love to see how yours turns out!
Thanks for stopping by! While you are here, check out my other posts HERE!