Can you say Addictive? These quick healthy snack of energy bites are just that! I was pleasantly surprised on how awesome these turned out. After making them, I found myself sneaking back to the fridge for more!
The best thing about this snack is that our very picky eaters love them! Now they eat them for breakfast on days we are running late for school.
PB Energy Bites
- mixing bowl
- 1 cup Dry Old Fashion Oatmeal*
- 2/3 cup Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter*
- 1/2 cup Flax Seed
- 1/2 cup cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds Optional
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract Optional
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.)
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated (good for about 1 week)
- Makes about 10-20 balls depending on the size you prefer.
These energy bites are undoubtedly a staple in our home. Once they run out, I have to immediately make more!
To make these into the perfect “to-go” snack, I pack 2 balls per snack size ziplock and keep them in the fridge. During the winter they are great to throw in the diaper bag and head out. In the summer, you will want to make sure you put them in a cool lunch box. (or they will be a melted mess)
To make life even easier, I have linked products from the recipe here! Thanks to Targets new pickup & delivery options, you won’t even have to get out of your car (or home) to grab these!
I hope these turn out great for you and help you keep your energy up!
If you have a recipe that you love leave it for me below!
Check out our other recipes and as always, ENJOY!