Last summer the girls and I would bake to fill the days. In Vegas somedays its just too hot to get outside and this would always be a fun away to burn some energy and teach the kids at the same time! One of our favorite recipes was this quick and easy banana bread.
Since the Coronavirus has us on lockdown for the next 30 days (and most of the world) I thought I would share this video we made. This is a quick and easy recipe that the kids can help with and you can enjoy after!
We used our Kitchenaid Mixer but you can use a bowl and whisk or hand held mixer. We get a lot of questions about the color of our mixer, so I just want to add here really quickly that we have the pistachio color 🙂
Banana Bread – Low carb & WW friendly
- mixing bowl and whisk
- measuring cup
- 3 Ripe Bananas medium-large
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Brown Suger Subsititue w/ golden sweetner for lower WW points
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar Subsitute Sub for regular sugar if you are not on WW
- 1 1/2 Cup flour self rising flour for lower WW points
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp unsweetned applesauce or 2 Tbsp light butter
- Preheat over to 350 degrees & spray bread pan or 12 muffin tin w/ non stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl add bananas and use a fork to mash well.
- Whisk in the egg, vanilla, brown sugar and white sugar substitute. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl combine, flour, baking powder and soda. Stir until incorporated.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients as you stir. Before the two are completely incorporated add in apple sauce. Stir just until barely combined.
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-45 minutes or (18-20 minutes if making muffins) or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3 days, in the fridge for 5-7 days, or the freezer for up to a month.
- The point value can differ depending on the sugar substitutes you use.
- Fell free to use wheat, gluten free flour, almond flour, all-purpose flour, or self-rising flour
I’ve linked all the items we used, in our quick and easy banana bread below!
(Hopefully you have most at home, but if you don’t and do need to make a run these should be avaialbe for store pickup!)
If you try our quick and easy banana bread, let us know in the comments or tag us on social media! You can find us on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
For more of our favorite recipes click here!
Leave a Reply